Sunday, March 2, 2008

Call to Action - Install VFP 9 SP2

Rick Schummer just blogged a compelling call to action for everyone to install VFP 9 SP2 and test it. He took the time to write a whitepaper that explains how to install SP2 in a different directory than your VFP 9 RTM (Release to Manufacturing) or VFP 9 SP1 versions. This way you can leave your production version (RTM or SP1) as is, yet still have SP2 on the same machine so you can test your applications.

I can tell you that I had already previously followed his advice and have SP1 and SP2 running on my machine without any problems. I encourage everyone else to do the same. Rick did a great job in explaining why you should do this so I'm just going to point you to his blog which also has the link to his whitepaper.

http://rickschummer.com/blog/2008/03/vfp-9-rtmsp1sp2-one-machine.html

Please take the time to install and test SP2. If we all do this, the entire FoxPro Community, including yourself, will benefit!

No comments: